Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Winter Reading List....

It occurred to me that the only books I am currently reading are serious business books. It's a genre that I really enjoy, mainly for the tips and tricks of those who have gone before me and the motivational kick in the behind I get after reading them.

On my bedside table I currently have- The Google Story, Too Big to Fail (It's about the GFC-loathe this term) and Female Chauvinist Pigs. Not exactly light reading. So this morning I jumped on the book depository (the lazy woman's Borders) and purchased the following....


What does a girl who owns Wikifashion really need? A fashion dictionary! *cough* tax deductible...

After the train wreck that was SATC2 I decided to lick my wounds and purchase this. I'm attempting to wipe the slate clean and fall in love with Carrie et al, all over again.

I was a little hesitant to purchase this initially, due to it being ghost written, but under the guise of good girly fun I thought it would be inappropriate not to buy LC's book.

Out of all the books I have purchased, this is the one I am really looking forward to. Zoe Foster, a gorgeous former beauty editor, online editor of primped.com.au and published author. Basically I want to be her! (I'm not sure if many of you would remember, but a while ago I said I wanted to write a book. Well last night I sat down for three hours and wrote a 3000 word plan). It's a start at least!

So what books are on your winter reading list? Do any of you have some tips for a budding author?


5 comments:

  1. I lovelovelove BookDepository! I don't know if I'll ever buy a book instore again, it's just so cheap! :D Well I'm currently reading 'The Fundamentals of Fashion Design' and 'Metric Pattern Cutting for Women', two books my brother got me to help with my sewing/design. I've read almost 3/4 of 'Female Chauvinist Pigs', a very interesting read indeed! And I've been meaning to re-start 'Everything is Illuminated' by Jonathan Safran Foer because its a friend's favourite book, she was so crushed when I said I couldn't pass the first chapter! :P

    For a budding author, the only 'writing' book I've read is 'On Writing' by Stephen King, but I'm not sure its the style of writing you're after?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like business books too! I picked up 2 new ones the other day, Tribes by Seth Godin and another one titled Hot Button Marketing. I also picked up the latest Jodi Piccolt. Always good reading there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fundamentals of fashion design sounds really interesting! I just purchased a Hello Kitty sewing machine, because I want to learn how to sew :) Can't wait! Do you recommend any books for beginners?

    Ooh I really want Tribes by Seth Godin :) I absolutely adore Malcolm Gladwell, so I think that would be right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving Lola a message ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails