Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cupcakes and Birthdays ♥

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Last night Coen and I held a small dinner party at the lovely Vapiano in Brisbane's CBD to celebrate my 24th birthday and Wikifashion's first birthday....my time flies when you're having fun! I snapped a few photos for you and decided to post them here at the request of the gorgeous Coral and Grace.

The above photo is our take on the Wikifashion badges. Unfortunately the cupcake girls didn't use white writing and it didn't have the effect I was going for, but hey they tasted delicious, so they did the job.

My very lovely boyfriend gifted me with a pink rose necklace from Make Believe ♥ I've been drooling over this piece for months. I was quite taken aback when I gave it to me early so I could wear to my party! Best boyfriend ever or what?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Here is a quick snap of my outfit for the night. Don't mind the silly pose, I was attempting to block out the moon shine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What did everyone else get up to on the weekend? Did anyone go to the farmer's markets? As FF would say, I always find produce shopping "soothing".

12 comments:

  1. those cupcakes are so cute! happy 24th to you! and happy 1st to wikifashion! can't believe its been a year, keep it up! :) you've inspired me to keep pushing along with my dreams and goals



    x amie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Amie! I think you are so talented, your sewing skills have me in such awe :) I would love to be as good as you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday lady!!! What an amazing year for you with astounding achievements. I'm truly inspired by you. I love the cupcakes too, I think the chocolate writing looks very, very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 24th birthday M, and happy 1st birthday Wikifashion! What an awesome double celebration :)
    I lovelovelove this photo of you! Its really beautiful (both you and the composition of the photo). That necklace is just to-die-for, I am now officially lemming one of my own. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the lovely comments girls! Cate you should definitely pick one up, I can see you wearing the pale pink one (it was on the cover of Frankie last month) with your porcelain skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such cute photos! and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the photos. hope you had a lovely birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! Or birthdays more like it :) Those Make Believe necklaces are so gorgeous - your bf sounds so sweet.

    And as for op-shopping in Brisbane, I'm not the most seasoned op-shopper so can't be of much help. Paddington is usually a good place to start, although the stock is already pretty edited there (ie retro metro). The ones in the inner city seem to be where everybody goes so there aren't many *gems* to be found IMO. There are a few out in the 'burbs (Northside - I think a fair few out in Sandgate) but I haven't sussed them out yet. Mostly I think it's a bit of a hit-and-miss kind of thing. One day I just plan on driving around and stopping off at every op shop I see, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post, love the blog, happy bday

    come follow the first ever fashion blog from a Guys POV, let He know what you think

    fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh, beautiful!:) Happy Birthday! I just discovered your blog and I love it to bits, really, it's enchanting.♥
    love
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday for Sunday! That necklace is so lovely - as is your boyfriend :) cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I please have those cupcakes?? Adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving Lola a message ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails