Saturday, July 17, 2010

Some new additions to the wiki office....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I tweeted a little while ago about my new sewing machine. It's rather cute don't you think? Well it has one problem... I purchased it from the US and didn't consider that it wouldn't work in Australia. What can I say? I was lured by the Hello Kitty. I'm currently working on finding a transformer that doesn't cost more than the actual machine.

My lovely friend has offered to teach me how to sew. She's very talented and often makes her own clothes, I can only dream of being able to do that! One step at a time...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When I purchased the sewing machine from Urban Outfitters, I also placed an order for a pink vintage phone. Shortly after, I received an email from them saying they had cancelled that order. I wasn't given a reason, although it's probably because it wouldn't function in Australia. Why am I such an airhead around pretty things?

To console myself, I purchased this vintage phone from Australian ebay for $20.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

On Thursday it was my birthday and my lovely boyfriend gifted me with this gorgeous orchid for my office. He was a little hesitant, because I've killed every other plant I have ever owned. I'm hoping I can break this record. If anyone has any tips about how to look after orchids, I'm all ears...

I hope you all have lovely weekends... we just arrived home from the farmer's markets armed with fresh fruit + veg, yummy rye bread and greek yoghurt. All for $30...

Also we have an entire bag of limes that were given to us by C's auntie, if anyone has lime recipes..sharing is caring

21 comments:

  1. so wonderful. x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most ridiculously awesome sewing machine I've ever seen! Makes my plain white one look really boring in comparison. Love the phone too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello kitty + sewing machine = win! how CUTE!
    can't wait to see what you whip up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute office, I'm looking for a retro phone as well..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea that they made Hello Kitty sewing machines! Amazing! Love your new phone too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha right? It's quite painful channeling leather in the summer :x
    I love that vintage telephone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sewing machine. It's sooo pretty. I especially love that phone. Very retro.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks girls :) Can't wait to start sewing, although I doubt I will do anything as good as your sewing Amie! You are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantasic sewing machine, it's so cute!

    And I'm yet to find an office plant that doesn't die within a few months. I've been through a few! The orchid looks really nice though - orchids are definitely my favourite! I've read that they are hard to look after though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh that Hello Kitty sewing machine is at least seven different levels of awesome. And don't worry, the thought that it might not work in Aus wouldn't have crossed my mind either! Hope you get it all sorted though.

    As for limes... *channels inner Masterchef* I'm thinking maybe some kind of dessert type thing. Cheesecake? Tart? Sorbet even?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that sewing machine is absolutely amazing! I'm thinking of painting my own boring plain white one now a lovely mint green colour :) And I love the vintage phone too <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, cutest lil sewing machine ever! Hope you find a converter for it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love love and want that sewing machine! Mine looks so boring and sterile in comparison. I keep looking at mine in dissatisfaction now. I need to stop looking at pretty blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. how great, your blog is awesome!
    you've got a wonderful collection of inspiration
    keep it up, and thanks for sharing

    -cma
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute home office :) totally loving this!
    mwah

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice blog !
    the sewing machine is too cute, too bad it doesnt work :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dying over that office!! Love the retroness of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hello hello (: oh your comment were so sweet (: and gave me the opportunity to find the link of your AMAZING blog :D

    I will follow it (: kiss kiss

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is probably THE cutest sewing machine I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure it would inspire me tons while I used it :) Good find! Your desk is also too adorable. Much like your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bahhh so cute! I need one of these!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving Lola a message ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails