Wednesday, December 16, 2009

いただきます

Photobucket

Japan is such a wonderful place, I have spent the most part of the last twelve years being obsessed with everything Japanese. I love the food, the language, the people, the architecture and even their crazy toilets. I have been fortunate enough to have traveled there twice. My first time was for an exchange where I stayed with a very traditional Japanese family. We ate rice morning and night, along with tofu, miso and raw fish. The only liquids we were allowed was green tea, except my host dad who drank copious amounts of warm sake when he thought no one was looking!

Because my host mother did not like a lot of sweets in the house, my host sister and I would stop off at the local shopping mart down the street everyday after school. Kieko often splurged on Tim Tams, while I bought strawberry pokky and grape mentos. It was no surprise that by the end of my exchange I had become rather chubby.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving Lola a message ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails