Wikifashion really began the day I entered my local Borders bookstore. Usually when I ventured into the business section I would leave feeling disappointed at the lack of aesthetically pleasing books. Yes I know, don't judge a book by it's cover. However inherently I think it is almost impossible not to when I you are surrounded by rows and rows of books. This particular day I came across Poppy King's gold glossy autobiography beaming up at me from the top shelf. I scooped it up and read the book cover to cover in one day. If anyone is hesitant about trying to bring an idea to life, however unusual you think it may be, I encourage you to buy yourself a copy of this book, it retails for $22.50.
Lessons I learnt:
• No idea, no matter how silly you think it may be is too hard for you to accomplish.
• Never underestimate the amount of information that is already at your disposal. Poppy found out how to make her lipsticks by searching her phonebook. We now have Google search, you can find anything if you look hard enough.
• If you don't know something, ask someone who understands about the topic. You'd be surprised at the level of help people are willing to give.
• If you want a product or service that is not already available, chances are others will too.
• Be persistent and consistent in your branding approach, never lose sight of your message.